- Veggie Burgers
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped up
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 medium potato chopped up (about 1 cup)
- 16 oz. frozen spinach
- 4 cups of broth chicken or veggie
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- A dash or two of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Allow to cook for about five minutes or so or until the veggies are nice and tender.
- Stir in potato, spinach, and broth. Turn the heat up to high until you have a boil and then reduce to medium low and allow to simmer for about twenty minutes or until the potato is fork tender.
- Allow the soup to cool a bit before spooning it into a blender or food processor. DO NOT blend when it is super hot cause everything will explode and you will be cursing me out.
- Pulse soup a few times to get it started and then blend until you have a smooth consistency. Stir in yogurt, nutmeg, salt and pepper and blend one more time.
- Give t a taste, adjust your seasonings, and top each bowl with 2 teaspoons of sliced almonds. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.