And just like that the holidays are over, well almost at least!
We still have New Year’s around the corner and whether you are laying low or planning to close out the year with a rockin’ party, I’ve got the perfect meal to jump start your year come January 1st.
This is one of those meals that just hugs you from the inside out.
The bacon adds a depth flavor that lends the soup a slow cooked flavor, while the greens and the beans provide us with all of the nutrients and energy we need to start this year out on the right foot.
So until next year (I couldn’t resist) I leave you with one last recipe for 20.17
Happy New Year everyone!! Can’t wait to cook with you next year.
Black Eyed Peas & Collard Greens
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 3 slices of nitrate free bacon (I used 40% less fat), chopped up
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 15oz cans of black-eyed peas and the liquid they come in
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups of collard, sliced into ribbons
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp of chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste