Scroll down to watch the video!
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and I can’t help to stop and wonder what that really means to me.
It’s so easy to get swept up in the idea of roses and chocolates, but for me those things just don’t cut it; at least not at this point in my life.
We are a family of four and the responsibilities my husband and I share have grown tenfold, since the days that a box of chocolate and a bottle of wine were the only things we needed to think about on Valentine’s Day.
Some of the things that are much more romantic and fulfilling to me than a box of chocolates these days include:
- My husband cleaning off my car and warming it up without me ever asking.
- Meeting on the couch at 10pm after the kids go to sleep, so we can get our fix of The Housewives of Beverly Hills.
- Watching my husband get on the floor and play in the basement with our kids.
- And yes, being able to have 20-minutes together as a family on Valentine’s Day morning and enjoy this smoothie – just long enough to pause and be grateful for all the love between these walls.
I hope you guys have a Happy Valentine’s Day and that tomorrow and everyday that comes between this Valentine’s Day and next is filled with love. xo
Clean Eating Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie
Yield: 1-2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½-frozen banana
- ¼ cup frozen spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla soymilk (or any milk you want)
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp. cacao nibs (optional)
Pop everything except the cacao beans in the blender and blend for 30 seconds. Divide amongst two glasses and top with cacao nibs. Enjoy!
Makes 1-2 servings.
Nutrients per recipe: Calories: 278; Total Fat: 5.4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Carbohydrate: 42.2g; Dietary Fiber: 15.6g; Sugars: 20.5g; Protein: 24.7g