Who doesn’t love a good bowl of chili?
It’s warm, hearty, delicious and when it’s packed with veggies (like this one) it just so happens to be extra nourishing to boot.
This is a fantastic recipe to add to your meal prep because it’s easy to scale up and it tastes even better a day or two after you make it.
fun ways to enjoy this chili
- Pop it into thermos for a warm lunch for school or work
- Top with cheese, scallions and jalapenos + serve with tortilla chips
- Put a big scoop on top of a salad for an easy taco salad
- Wrap it up in a tortilla for an easy and delicious burrito
- Serve on top of spaghetti squash to make a low-carb chili mac
More Healthy chili Recipes:
- Chili Con Carne Recipe
- Sweet Potato + Black Bean Chili Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe
- Chicken + White Bean Chili Recipe
- Slow Cooker Veggie Chili
Turkey + Veggie Chili Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small or 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1.25 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 15 ounce can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can kidney chili beans
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 zucchini quartered and chopped
- 3 cups fresh chopped kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over a medium high heat. Add in onions along with a pinch of salt and saut for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in garlic and peppers and cook for 5 more minutes. Add in ground turkey, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; breaking down the turkey with a spatula until you have small crumbles.
- Once the turkey has turned from translucent to opaque add in the beans, tomatoes, and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add in the zucchini and kale, turn down to a simmer and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings. Enjoy!