I wanted to get an early jump on the holidays this year to make sure you guys had some Clean & Delicious® options for your Thanksgiving table (I’ve also ordered my x-mas cards and have begun addressing the envelopes too, so I’m not really sure what’s going on with me this year).
A simple, bone-in, roasted turkey breast is the perfect choice for families who could take or leave the dark meat or/and for small crowds.
I was pleasantly surprised with how simple and tasty this recipe was considering I didn’t brine the turkey or season it under the skin. I did however give the skin a quick pan sear to ensure some crispy skin (b/c it cooks so quickly in oven, I did’t want to risk soggy skin).
This truly is a pretty quick and simple way to make some turkey and I’ll definitely be making it more throughout the year (not just on holidays!).
I would however note that I do think recipes can vary a lot based on the type of turkey you buy. This was a free-range organic turkey from Whole Foods and it was delicious. If you are going to be making some turkey for friends or family on Thanksgiving Day, it might be a good idea to do a test run before the big day… I mean better safe than sorry, right?
Anyhow – you can check out the video to see the technique. It’s pretty straight forward.
Next on my turkey to-do list is the crockpot. I’m really curious to try and make a turkey breast in the crockpot. Have you guys ever attempted this? What’s your favorite way to make turkey for Thanksgiving?
Simply Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 bone-in turkey breast half (2.5-3lbs)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 lemon
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay the lemon sliced right down the center of the pan. Set aside.
- Rinse turkey under cold water and pat dry. Rub a thin coating of olive oil all over the turkey, top and bottom. Season the turkey with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and place turkey skin side down in the pan. Saut for about 5 minutes or until you have a nice golden brown crust in your turkey.
- Lay the turkey breast on the rimmed baking sheet right over the lemon slices and cook for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature of your turkey reaches 160F.
- Allow the turkey to cool for 20 minute then slice and enjoy!
- Serves 2-4.