Scroll down to watch the video!
If tackling a winter squash intimidates you in the least, you are going to be very happy to meet the Delicata Squash.
Delicata squash is one of the easiest and most manageable winter squash to work with and is arguably as delicious (if not more so) than a butternut squash.
The beauty of a delicata squash is that it’s small, does not need to be peeled, and cooks up quickly.
And the flavor, oh! the flavor…
Sweet, nutty, creamy, deliciousness!
But don’t thank me yet.
First watch the video and then go buy one, cook it, eat it, and then come back to give me some cyber love down in the comments below:).
- 1 delicata squash
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 425.
- Rinse squash under cold water.
- Trim end off of each side of the squash and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the stringy membranes and seeds.
- Lay squash flat side down and cut into 1/2 inch half moons.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet andseason with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss squash making sure it all has a nice light coating of oil and seasoning.
- Lay out on baking sheet and roast for 12 minutes, flip, and roast another 12 minutes. Enjoy!
- *Note – your squash may not need as long on the second side depending on your oven, so be sure to start checking it after about 8 minutes.