After sharing my Coconut Flour 101 (a few months back) I’ve been wanting to give you guys some easy, delicious ways to use it in your kitchen and I am happy to share that I’ve got a keeper.
I’m calling these Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Blondies but they could also be called Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars. I really couldn’t decide between the two names and the Libra in me was going insane trying to decide, so I finally just pulled the band-aid off and went with blondies.
This recipe is not intended to be low-calorie or reduced fat, it’s simply a real food treat made with high-quality ingredients an lots of love with the sole purpose of delivering pleasure to your taste-buds.
This is the kind of treat, I feel good about indulging in and am more than happy to share with my kids.
Coconut flour is very high in fiber and super-absorbent, so a little goes a long way. It tends to make baked goods very light and soft so it’s in your best interest to allow these blondies to cool completely before you cut into them because they are very delicate when they’re still warm.
As always, I prefer fresh chopped chunks of chocolate over chocolate chips simply because the end result is more decadent. I always opt for a bar of dark chocolate (Trader Joe’s 72% Dark is my favorite) but I urge you to use whatever turns you on.
If you want to watch the step-by-step, be sure to watch the video below! And if you have any questions at all, please leave them in the comments.
OTHER COCONUT FLOUR RECIPES:
WATCH VIDEO HERE:
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, eggs and almond milk.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the batter to an 8x9 baking dish that has been light coated with coconut oil, butter or cooking spray. Bake for 22 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through the center.
- Allow to blondies to cool and enjoy!
- Makes 9 blondies.