Scroll down to watch the video!
Just a week until Christmas and I’ve yet to wrap one gift. Oh well, I kind of think that the last minute rush is a part of the fun!
Anyhow, last week after sharing a Coconut Flour 101, I promised I would be back this week with a recipe highlighting coconut flour, and so here it is.
Now, much like many of you, baking with coconut flour is new to me so I did a bit of surfing the web in an attempt to find a recipe I could adapt and make my own. But my friends, I am not one to mess with a good thing! So when I discovered this recipe from The Detoxinista (aka Megan) and gave it a go, I could find no room for improvement, and so all the credit for this delicious brilliance is for Megan. And seriously – her blog is addictive. Megan has so many (clean) + delicious recipes and she has a knack for keeping things super simple, so needless to say, I’m semi-obssesed with her work and obviously recommend you check her out!
What I love the most about this recipe is that it lets the coconut flour shine.
A lot of recipes I found using coconut flour also incorporated other flours. And while I’m sure the final results are probably delicious I just can’t be bothered buying three different flours for one cookie. This recipe is simple PLUS it uses coconut oil, so you do end up with a mild coconut flavor which I think is insanely delicious. If you wanted to take this cookie one step further, a handful of shredded coconut would be pretty insane.
I’d love to hear what your think if you give these cookies a try. They are perfect for the holidays, and since coconut flour is gluten and grain free, they meet a lot of the guidelines for people with dietary restrictions as well. xo
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (Grain + Gluten Free)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silpat mat, parchment paper or just spray it down with some cooking spray.
- Grab a medium bowl and combine coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and eggs. Mix until you have a nice thick cookie batter.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir one more times until the chips are distributed throughout the batter.
- Drop a bout 1 tablespoon of dough on your baking sheet to make one cookie and continue until you have 12 cookies. This batter does not spread out it in the oven like a traditional cookie batter, so be sure to flatten the cookie out a bit with the back of your spoon. How they go into the oven is how they will ook when they come out of the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set a lightly browned. Cool and enjoy!!
- Makes 12 cookies.