Scroll dow to watch the video!
One of my missions here on Clean & Delicious is to make every veggie know to mankind taste like french fry. Respectable, no?
So when my friend, Jen, sent me this recipe for Parmesan Pepper Green Bean Fries, I just knew I would have to share them here with you!
The green beans are tender on the inside and then the cheese and pepper create a nice little crust on the outside. They are simple, delicious and make a great side dish for you favorite burger!
Watch the video below for the step-by-step and be sure to let me know if you give them a try!
Baked Green Bean Fries
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese about 3.5 ounces
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 12 ounces string beans trimmed (about 60)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silpat mat (or some parchment paper).
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg whites ad water until foamy. In another shallow bowl, combine cheese and pepper.
- Dip each string bean into the egg white mixture and shake off any excess liquid. Then dip into the cheese mixture, turning to coat the string beans. Shake off any extra cheese and lay the string bean on the baking tray. Continue until all string beans are coated and laid out on the pan (Be sure the string beans do not touch or overlap).
- Pop in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is beginning to brown a bit. Enjoy!