Scroll down to watch the step-by-step video.
This simple, nutritious salad is hearty enough for the cooler, rainy days of spring yet light and fresh enough to work all summer long.
I love serving this salad with some grilled salmon for dinner. Enjoy!
Wheat Berry + Spinach Salad
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup unsalted toasted pistachios
- 1 ounce crumbled goat cheese
- Combine wheat berries in a medium pot with 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, pop on a cover, and simmer for anywhere between 30-60 minutes or until the wheat berries are cooked through.
- In the meantime, grab a large bowl and whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Add in baby spinach, golden raisins, and warm wheat berries.
- Stir everything together and adjust the seasonings. The heat of the wheat berries will wilt the spinach and plump up the raisins.
- Stir in the scallions and pistachios before topping with the crumbled goat cheese. Serve and enjoy!