Watch the step-by-step video HERE.
This Sweet and Savory Acorn Squash is stuffed with lean ground beef, veggies, and warm spices. It’s simple, hearty, and satisfying comfort food that you can feel good about eating!
Healthy Baked Ground Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 3 acorn squash halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 lb of 96% lean ground beef
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of dried cherries roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place prepared acorn squash, skin side up, on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lightly coated with cooking spray or coconut oil. skin side up. Cook for 25 minutes or until tender.
- While youre squash is cooking, heat coconutoil in a large saut pan. Add in the onions along with pinch of salt and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic, celery, carrots, and spices. Mix everything together and cook another 3-5 minutes or until the veggies are beginning to become tender.
- Move all the veggies to one side of the pan and add in ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the meat has browned through, continuously breaking it up with your spatula or wooden spoon so that is in small crumbles.
- Mix the veggies in with the beef and add in tomatoes and dried cherries. Simmer for 10 minutes and then scoop the filing into the cavity of each squash.