The simple combination of orange zest, cranberries, and sliced almonds elevates these simply roasted green beans from Tuesday night side dish to a place on your holiday table.
Just remember, not to over crowd your beans on the pan, otherwise, they will end up steamed instead of roasted (which isn’t the end of the world but roasted definitely adds more depth of flavor).
Orange Scented Green Beans with Cranberries and Almonds
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- The zest of one orange about 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 to asted almond slices
- Pre heat oven to 400 fahrenheit
- Makes sure your green beans are dry and then place them on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Season with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss gently, coating the green beans with the spices making sure to spread them out on the pan (no over crowding or they will steam instead of roast).
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove tray, give it a shake, and then sprinkle the cranberries around the tray and pop back into the oven for 5 more minutes or until green beans are light browned and tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with orange zest and almonds. Serve and enjoy!