Scroll down to watch the video!
The holiday crunch has begun (at least in my house it has).
Last minute shopping, prepping, and wrapping is under way but I wanted to take a quick moment to share this super simple, super delicious appetizer with you guys.
All you have to do is wrap some prosciutto around some fresh asparagus and you have a warm, crispy, salty, light holiday snack. If you really want to capture the holidays, be sure to leave some space between the prosciutto and wrap on a diagonal, then you can call it ‘candy cane prosciutto wrapped asparagus’ which will make you look like you are super fun, festive and creative. Enjoy!
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 lb. Asparagus trimmed
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. each kosher salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- Season asparagus with olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Toss well so that all the asparagus spears a re lightly coated in the oil and seasonings.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto into 4 long strips. Wrap 1 strip around each asparagus spear and place on a rimmed baking sheet topped with a wire rack.
- Cook for 12-18 minutes (depending on the thickness of the asparagus).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes about 25 spears depending on how thick your asparagus is.