Scroll down to watch the video!
It’s kind of hard to believe that it’s been exactly one year since we moved from California to New Jersey (where I grew up).
It has been an action packed year and I’ve had all types of mixed emotions (re: swearing we made a mistake during the midst of winter!) but when all is said and done coming back to ‘The Jerz’ was the right choice.
It’s so awesome to be back with friends and family, enjoying the seasons, and sharing all of my favorite childhood memories with my kids.
But in the name of our 1-year moving anniversary, I just had to make a dish that reminded me of our 12 years in LA.
This simple, crunchy, fresh cucumber salad was something my hubby and I used to order from one of our favorite restaurants in California. They would have this on the menu every summer and I just couldn’t get enough of it so I had to go home and try to recreate it myself.
This is the kind of salad you will want to bring to every bbq, picnic, and cookout you go to this summer. Think about it, ‘cucumber + corn + feta + avocado + kalamata olives + fresh lime juice’ I mean really, need I say more?
The real secret weapon are the persian style cucumbers because they are so, so, so crunchy and refreshing (they are the little guys with no seeds inside – they always have them at Trader Joe’s). So it’s definitely worth the effort to seek them out.
And if you like a little heat to your salad, a bit of diced jalapeño would be great here too (but I’m keeping it PG so my kids can’t use ‘the spicy excuse’ as a reason not to try it).
So give it a try and let me know what you think! And if you want the step by step, check out the video below.
Persian Cucumber Salad With Corn and Feta
- 8 Persian cucumbers sliced into rounds
- 1/2 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4- cup kalamata olives halved (15)
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 ear of corn kernels removed
- 1 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine cucumbers, green pepper, red onion, kalamata olives, avocado, corn kernels, and feta cheese.
- In a separate bowl (I like to use the small glass Pyrex cups for this see video) combine extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, honey, crushed garlic, and salt & pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss everything together. Place into your favorite serving dish and enjoy!