You can watch the step-by-step video HERE.
These simple, delicious stuffed peppers are a meal I grew up eating. This recipe is (more or less) exactly the way my Mom taught me how to make stuffed peppers. To this day this is one of my all time favorite meals!
I like using the frozen organic brown rice from Trader Joe’s to save a little time on the meal prep and always try to buy organic, grass-fed beef whenever possible.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
You can watch the step-by-step video guide HERE.
Mom's Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell pepper sliced in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups of crushed tomatoes
- 6 tbsp. cheddar cheese shredded
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Drop peppers in the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the peppers form the water and cool.
- In a separate large saut pan heat 2 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil and add in onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Saute for a 4 minutes or until the onions and garlic begin to look translucent. Push veggies aside, add ground beef to the pan and season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Slowly combine the meat and the veggies and cook until the beef has browned. Stir in the brown rice and 1 cup of the crushed tomatoes, stir and simmer for ten minutes. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Spread cup of the crushed tomatoes on the bottom of a 911 baking dish and then line with the peppers. Scoop cup-ish of filling in each pepper (or enough to fill it up).
- Top each pepper with a dollop of crushed tomatoes and a sprinkle of the shredded cheese.
- Bake the peppers at 350 for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the peppers are heated through. Enjoy!