I just love to have a rich, flavorful, nutrient-dense soup (just like this one) to sip on throughout the colder months.
It’s an easy and delicious way to support the body, boost immunity and help to clean and balance out your system.
Jam-packed with kale, zucchini, onions, broccoli, garlic, and ginger this soup will flood your body with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and you won’t even notice because you’ll be too busy thinking about how good it tastes and how great it makes your body feel.
I love to make a big pot on the weekend and then store them in mason jars to have a quick and easy grab and heat lunch.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 small bunch of kale stemmed and chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups low sodium veggie broth
- 2 cup filtered water
- 1 head of garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- Kosher salt to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add in onion with a pinch of salt and cook until the onion is translucent and fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- Add in zucchini, kale, broccoli, veggie broth and water. Make sure that there is enough liquid to come about 1 inch over the veggies. Bring everything to a boil and then reduce down to a simmer and cook for ten minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the garlic and ginger. Pop on a lid and let the soup sit until it is cool enough to handle.
- Working in batches, add the soup to a blender along with a small handful of the parsley, cilantro and little pinch of salt in each batch. Blend until creamy. Transfer the soup into a storage container or into a pot and repeat until you have blended all the soup.