These Grass-Fed Turmeric Burgers have become my go-to recipe anytime we want to make a quick and easy burger dinner.
Turmeric is a super food, jam packed with a host of nutritional benefits including; it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and offers great support for the gut and immune system, so I am always looking for fun ways to work it into the kitchen.
I find it’s earthy, peppery flavor works just perfectly in a simple burger like this one.
You can of course serve this burger however you would like to, but I recommend placing it on top of some butter lettuce and topping it with this Black Bean Corn + Avocado Salad. The combo is SO good, and will be sure to impress both your belly and your guests!
Grass Fed Turmeric Burgers on Butter Lettuce Buns
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
Total Time:about 30 minutes
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix with your hands until everything is just combined.
- Free form four burger patties and cook on a medium-high grill for 4 minutes on each side (for a medium burger).
- Serve each burger on a some butter lettuce (I like using 3-4 pieces for a sturdy burger bun) and top with Black Bean Corn + Avocado Salad (or with any toppings you prefer). Enjoy!
Calories: 228; Total Fat: 14.1g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Sodium 558mg, Carbohydrate: 1.5g; Dietary Fiber: 0.7g; Sugars: 0.5g; Protein: 22.8g