Scroll down to watch the video!
When it comes to the holidays, I’m not one to hold my breathe and hope I can make it through the season never consuming an ounce of sugar.
That’s just not my style.
I believe it’s a time of year to come together. A time to connect, enjoy, and even indulge.
I sip eggnog. I drink wine. And by all means, I eat cookies!
I find when I allow myself to enjoy these things, I usually don’t overdo it. For me it’s always the resistance against something (i.e. eating a cookie or drinking the wine) that leads me to overdo it.
When my focus is on enjoyment and pleasure, I tend to enjoy and move on. No lamenting, no resisting, no fighting with myself.
These cookies are my favorite of all favorite.
They taste amazing, are insanely easy to make and are as clean as you’re gonna get when you’re talking cookies.
Oh, and the gluten free part is really just an added bonus. Because these cookies are made of almond butter and contain no flour, they offer the added perk of being gluten-free. So by all means if you or someone you know are gluten-free, make this delicious cookie and take a deep breathe knowing that you can still enjoy one of life’s simplest pleasures.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Combine almond butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and hand mix until everything is incorporated.
- Gently stir in chopped chocolate.
- Drop cookie dough into 1-tbsp plops on a rimmed baking sheet lined with either silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- Makes 22 cookies.