CLICK HERE to watch the video.
While I’ve spent many years struggling with food and diet, exercise has always been a lot easier for me. I’m one of those people who really just enjoys a good workout. When I lived in California, my choice of exercise was mainly hiking and walking but now that I’m back on the east coast and the weather doesn’t always support that type of outdoor activity, I’ve been changing things up a bit.
One of the things I’ve been working on again is strength training, so I’ve also been trying to find some easy, delicious ways to work a bit more protein into my diet to support my workouts. This recipe was born from my desire to have a quick meal option that included protein and greens.
On it’s own, this meal is very light. In the video, I make this recipe with all egg whites but my favorite way to make it is with one egg and 1/4 cup of egg whites. If egg whites aren’t your thing, you can also use two eggs.
The key to this recipe is the spices. The combination of Italian seasonings along with a bit of garlic powder is what gives this meal all the flavor of a pizzeria pizza.
You can certainly change up the toppings by adding whatever fresh veggie you have on hand (my daughter loves this pizza topped with thinly sliced fresh mushrooms!).
To make this a full meal, I usually serve it along side some fresh fruit and/or my beloved Ezekiel toast topped with either coconut oil or almond butter.
If you want to see the step-by-step demonstration of how I make this recipe, CLICK HERE.
But now I’m curious, do you like a good workout? And if so, what is your favorite way to move? Or, do you find exercise to be a bore?
8-inch non-stick ceramic sauce pan: https://amzn.to/1GqpLMs
Egg White and Spinach Pizza
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 tbsp. marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese
- A dash of Italian seasoning
- A dash of garlic powder
- Small handful fresh chopped spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk egg whites together in a small bowl.
- Heat an 8-inch saut pan over a medium heat. Coat with cooking spray (or coconut oil or butter) and pour egg whites into the pan.
- Gently pull the edges of the eggs to the center of the pan while letting the uncooked eggs roll out to the outer edges of the pan (see video to see the demo).
- Season the eggs with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Once the eggs are 90% set and cooked through, top with tomato sauce, cheese, and spinach. Place a lid over the egg pizza and cook another minute or until the cheese has melted.
- Slide out of the pan and enjoy!