Scroll down to watch the video.
I’m not sure if I’ve ever told you about my love and adoration of the avocado.
There are really no words.
But let’s just say I’m happy to eat them on any given day, at any given time. Often cut in half with a sprinkle of salt and spoon. But I digress…
In this (very) simple salad, avocados are paired with some garden fresh veggies, garlic (duh!), fresh lemon and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
The result is this easy yet stunning salad that is jam-packed with flavor and super versatile.
It’s great as a side for grilled chicken and fish, a fun appetizer served along some corn chips or veggies, and a delicious host for an over medium egg. #somanyoptions!
Avocado + Tomato Salad
Yield: Serves 4 (as a side)
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
Total Time:15 minutes
- 1 english cucumber, quartered and cut into bite size chunks
- 3 tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1/4 fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jar combine garlic, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk everything together and then drizzle the dressing over the veggies.
- Gently toss everything together, serve and enjoy!