Watch the step-by-step video here.
This beautiful Autumn Chopped Salad is an easy way to incorporate some seasonal ingredients into a simple salad. I love all of the flavors and textures in this salad, it’s super satisfying and insanely delish!
*Note: because of the fresh fruit, this salad is best made fresh when you want to eat it.
Clean Eating Autumn Chopped Salad
Yield: 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 romaine hearts, thinly sliced
- 3 slices nitrate-free bacon (I look for nitrate-free organic options)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 pear chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp. tart dried cherries, chopped
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼-cup raw apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg's)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put lettuce in a large bowl and top with the remaining ingredients. Add ¼ cup of the dressing and gently toss. Enjoy!
- Combine all of the ingredients in small bowl, cup or mason jar. Whisk (or shake) all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- *Note: You can save the dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.