Banana Bread Muffins
These banana bread muffins have the best banana flavor and are so easy to make. All you need is one bowl, a muffin pan and 30 minutes!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2-3 ripe bananas (12-14 ounces)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin liners or grease the pan.
Place bananas in large bowl and using the back of a fork, mash the bananas until they are broken down.
Add in white whole wheat flour, coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Mix everything until well combined, then add in walnuts.
Divide the batter evenly into all 12 muffin cups. Top each muffin with an extra walnut half (totally optional, but super fun!).
Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until fragrant, golden brown, and set through.
Cool and enjoy!
- Whole wheat flour and white flour would also work for this recipe, so use what you have.
- I like using coconut sugar for this recipe but it can be replaced with turbinado sugar or sucanat (or really any granulated sugar you have on hand).
- Don't like walnuts? Try adding in pecans, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or raisins.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg