These easy and healthy oatmeal pancakes are simple to make and great for meal prep. Try topping them with fresh fruit and maple syrup for a traditional breakfast or spread on some almond butter or Greek yougurt when you need to take your pancakes on the go!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine rolled oats and almond milk together in a large bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes for the oats to soften.
Add the coconut oil, eggs, and maple syrup to the oats, and stir to combine. Add oat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon and stir until just combined; do not over mix. Gently fold in pecans.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and grease with some extra coconut oil (or whatever you prefer). Scoop 1/4 cup of batter and drop into the pan to make small sized pancakes (I like to cook 3-4 at a time).
Cook until you see tiny bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes and the bottoms are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until the other side is golden-brown, 2 to 3 minutes more.
Transfer pancakes to a warm oven or late and repeat until you have used all the batter. Serve and enjoy!
- Want to make this recipe 100% plant-based and vegan? Swap in one flax or chia egg in place of the eggs.
- Have some fun with the stir-ins! Try mini chocolate chips, walnuts, diced apples and pears, or blueberries. Make it your own.
- Want to make this recipe for meal prep? Easy-peasy! Simply store the pancakes in an airtight container and pop them in the fridge for up to five days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Serving: 3pancakes | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 432mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 2mg