Simply sautéed broccoli is a go-to side dish in our house. Enjoy it as a side dish or it add it to your favorite pasta and whole grain recipes. It's also delicious scrambled into eggs or added to your favorite frittata.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets, (1 head of broccoli)
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add in the garlic with a pinch of salt and sauté until fragrant (about 30-60 seconds).
Add broccoli to the pan, season with salt and pepper and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add in 1/4 cup of water, pop on the lid and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender. Remove the lid and cook until any extra water has evaporated out of the pan.
Adjust seasonings, serve and enjoy!
- To add even more flavor to the broccoli, swap the water with low sodium veggie or chicken broth.
- If you like a little heat, sprinkle some red pepper flakes over the top of the broccoli.
- Store any leftover sautéed broccoli in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to five days.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 567IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg