This spinach, pepper and feta frittata recipe is an easy breakfast, lunch or dinner! It's also great for meal prep and delicious eaten hot, cold or room temperature. Recipe yields 4-6 servings.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 eggs
- 8 egg whites* (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons organic 2% milk, or any milk you prefer
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup baby bell peppers, thinly sliced into rings
- 5 ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, milk, and a pinch of salt. Whisk and set aside.
Heat a 12-inch cast-iron pan or sauté pan over a medium high heat. Add coconut oil.
Once the coconut oil has melted, stir in the sliced shallot and sliced peppers. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook for five minutes or until fragrant.
Add in chopped spinach. Stir together and cook until the spinach is just wilted.
Give the egg mixture one last whisk and pour into the pan, covering the veggies. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the top of the frittata.
Place in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the frittata is cooked through. You may notice your frittata puff up in the oven (that's from the air the gets whisked into the eggs) it will deflate as it cools.
Once the frittata is cool enough to handle, slice and enjoy!
- If you prefer, you can omit the egg whites and use 12 whole eggs for this recipe.
- I always look for my feta in block form (instead of pre-crumbled). This is a great way to know you are getting good quality feta with no anticaking agents.
- This is a very flexible recipe, feel free to swap in other seasonal veggies, leftovers from the fridge, or whatever sounds good to you!
- I love making frittatas in my cast iron skillet but any large sauté pan that is oven-proof will work.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 347mg | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 545mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5055IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 211mg | Iron: 3mg