Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This simple smoothie recipe is rich, creamy and kid-friendly. My 11-year old daughter created it and if you make it on the thicker side, it tastes just like soft-serve ice cream.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder*
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder* I used this one
- 1 cup 2% milk or any milk you prefer
- You can use any type of protein powder you like. Personally, I enjoy the flavor and texture of whey protein powder. This is a brand I really enjoy.
- Peanut butter powder is essentially dehydrated peanuts that are ground into a powder. It is low fat and high protein, so it's a fun way to add flavor and protein to your smoothies. If you don't have any, simply sub in 1-2 tablespoons of all-natural peanut butter.
- If you want to add a nutritional boost to your smoothie, toss in a big handful of baby spinach. You won't even taste it!
Serving: 0.5recipe | Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 817mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 221IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 355mg | Iron: 1mg