Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Pumpkin cheesecake bars are the ideal Autumn dessert and perefct for the holidays! Top them with fresh whipped cream and cinnamon for an extrafestive and delicous experience.
- 8 ounces gingersnap cookies (I used these)
- 3 ounces coconut oil
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese
- 7 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple sugar (I used this one)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
Place gingersanp cookies into a food processor and pulse until the cookies are broken down.
Add softened coconut oil to the cookies and mix until blended well. The texture will resemble wet sand.
Transfer the crust into the prepared baking dish and use your fingers to press it into the corners and along the sides of the pan until it looks even.
Using a hand mixer, whip cream cheese in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add yogurt to the cream cheese and blend again.
Add pumpkin puree, maple sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Blend together.
Add in egg, and beat one last time until the mixture is nice and fluffy.
Carefully pour the cheesecake filling over the prepared crust and bake for 45 minutes.
Once the time is up, turn off the oven and crack open the oven door. Allow the cheesecake to rest in the oven for one hour.
Transfer to the fridge and chill overnight or for a minimum of eight hours.
Cut into nine squares and enjoy!
Optional: Top with fresh whipped cream and extra cinnamon.
- If you don't have maple sugar, you can sub in any granulated sugar (coconut sugar would work well).
- Be sure all of your ingredients are room temperature before starting. This will keep the bars nice and fluffy.
- I used Midel gingersnap cookies for this recipe. They also have a gluten-free variety if you want to keep this recipe gluten-free.
- You can swap graham crackers for gingersnap cookies if preferred. They are both delicious.
- If you don't have pumpkin puree, you can use pureed sweet potatoes or butternut squash.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 1803IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg