Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars
Try keeping some healthy pumpkin bars in your freezer! They make a dleicous snack and are delightful with a cup of coffee in the afternoon.
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 `cup chocolate chips*
Pre heat oven to 350ºF.
Grease and 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil, butter or cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine; coconut flour, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
Bake for 45 minutes or until set thorugh and lightly golden brown on top.
Cool completely and refrigerator for a minimum of egt hours before cutting into nine pieces. Enjoy!
- Be sure to buy dairy-free chocolate chips of you need the recipe to be 100% dairy-free.
- For a more cake-like texture, swap the coconut flour with 1 cup of oat flour and eliminate the almond milk. I love this version for breakfast.
- Be sure to store these bars in the refrigerator. They are best when eaten cold.
- Experiment with different stir-ins. Dried cranberries, shredded coconut, pecans, and walnuts would all be delicious!
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 7426IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg