Canned salmon makes a great pantry staple! Make some on the weekend and have it as a head-start ingredient for an easy lunch or light dinner during the week.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 6-ounce cans wild salmon
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs (I like dill and parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste
Drain the liquid for the salmon cans.
In a large bowl, combine salmon, celery, red onion, cucumbers, capers, parsley, dill, mayo, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper.
Stir to combine and enjoy!
- If you want to keep this recipe dairy free, use all mayonnaise and skip the yogurt.
- To keep the salad lighter, skip the mayo and use all Greek yogurt.
- Salmon salad will last up to 3 days in your fridge when stored in an airtight container.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 491mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 253mg | Iron: 1mg