Sweet Potato Power Bowl
Simple and nutritious this sweet potato power bowl is loaded with roasted sweet potatoes, chickpea salad, quinoa, arugula and eggs! A healthy and satisfying, family-friendly meal.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound purple sweet potatoes or any color you have or love
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium veggie broth, or water
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup bell peppers, diced (mix and match colors)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces arugula
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Happy Egg Organic Free Range Eggs
- 2 teaspoons ghee or butter
- 4 organic eggs, Happy Eggs
Pre-heat oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes, before cutting into bite sized chunks. I like to keep the skin on my sweet potatoes, but you can peel them if preferred.
Transfer the sweet potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet and season with olive oil, salt, pepper and curry powder. Gently toss so all the sweet potatoes are coated with the oil and spices. Bake for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
Place quinoa in a small pot with the veggie broth (or water). Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, pop on a lid and cook for about 15 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed and the quinoa is nice and fluffy.
Place chickpeas in a medium sized bowl along with peppers, onion, lemon and oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Season arugula with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper; gently toss to coat.
Divide all four ingredients amongst 4 medium wide bowls.
Heat a small non-stick saute pan over low heat. Add in ghee.
Add 1-2 Happy Egg Organic Free Range eggs to the pan and cook for 30 seconds and then place a lid over the top. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the whites are set through and the yolks a bright and runny.
Place on top of power bowl and repeat with the remaining eggs. Enjoy!
- If you wanted to meal prep this recipe, prepare the sweet potatoes, quinoa and chickpea salad ahead of time and then store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Once ready to assemble, dress your greens and cook up your eggs. Super fast and easy!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 870mg | Potassium: 882mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 18341IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 4mg