Rustic Pesto Potato Salad
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb. small thin skinned potatoes (I used red, white & purple, but any one of these would be just fine), rinsed and quartered
- 1 lb. green beans trimmed
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup basil thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring the potatoes up to a boil in a large pot of salted water. Once the water is boiling allow the potatoes to cook for another five minutes or so or until almost tender. Right before the potatoes are ready, toss the green beans in along with the potatoes. Cook for about two minutes, or until the greens are nice and bright and just tender, then drain the potatoes and beans into a colander. Place everything back into the warm pot.
Stir in the garlic, basil, pine nuts, olive oil, salt, pepper and mix together thoroughly. Taste for seasonings (this salad tends to beg for a couple extra pinches of salt).
Divide amongst six plates and enjoy!
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 10.9mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg