Quinoa Tabouli w/ Feta Cheese and Garbanzo Beans
Servings: 5 servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine quinoa, scallions, mint, parsley, cucumbers, and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, (I like to use a spouted Pyrex cup) whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and then pour over the quinoa mixture, combine well.
Gently toss in the tomato and feta cheese. Enjoy!
Makes 5 1cup servings
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 253mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2.2mg