Red Cabbage Salad
This hearty Red Cabbage Salad is packed with red cabbage, crisp celery, fresh apple, sweet golden raisins and toasted walnuts, all tossed in an easy lemon vinaigrette. A simple and inexpensive side dish that pairs perfectly with chicken, beef and seafood.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 head of medium red cabbage about 6 cups
- 3 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 green apple cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Give it a quick whisk and set aside.
In a large bowl combine cabbage, celery, apples, raisins, and walnuts. Drizzle the dressing over the top and gently mix until everything is well incorporated. Enjoy!
Make ahead & storage tips:
- This salad doesn’t keep well for a long period of time because the apple will brown and the walnuts will become soft. However, it can be made in advance and stored as long as ingredients are stored separately. (Cabbage and celery together and raisins and walnuts in separate containers — slice up the apple right before serving).
- Dressing stays good for 3 to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. It can be made ahead of time — just shake it up before adding it to the salad.
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 32.9mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.2mg