Summer Harvest Veggie Soup
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cups of peeled diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ears of corn kernels cut off the cob
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
Heat oil in a large pot over a medium high heat. Add in chopped onion along with a kiss of salt and saut for 5 minutes or until onion is fragrant and translucent.
Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, and garlic with one more kiss of salt and some black pepper and cool for 5 minutes. Add in chicken broth, crank up the heat, and let everything come to a boil.
Once you have your boil, reduce heat down to a simmer and stir in corn, basil and parmesan cheese (optional). Cook another 3-5 minutes until the zucchini is fork tender and corn still has its fresh pop. Serve and enjoy!!
Makes 4-6 servings.
Calories: 560kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 1007mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 1525IU | Vitamin C: 28.5mg | Calcium: 309mg | Iron: 2.5mg