Kale Quinoa Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch of kale stemmed and chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa cooked according to the package
- 1 mango cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup halved strawberries or quartered if they are really big
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds aka pepitas
In a small bowl or spouted cup, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Place kale in a large bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Using your hands, massage the dressing into the kale for 1-2 minutes. This helps to tenderize the kale.
Add in quinoa, mango, strawberries, and pepitas. Gently toss together and then transfer into a serving dish. Enjoy!
Calories: 969kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 73g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 1254mg | Potassium: 828mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 1785IU | Vitamin C: 60.1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 5.7mg