Roasted chicken is and easy and delicious recipe that every home cook needs to have in their back pocket.
In this video, I am showing how I pull together a fast and flavor weeknight meal by roasting a whole chicken on top of some sweet potatoes and then serve it all alongside my go-to kitchen sink salad.
Whole Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes + Kitchen Sink Salad
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4-5 pound roasting chicken
- 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 hearts of romaine chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 small cucumber choppers
- big handful chopped red cabbage
- handful of cheery tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fat pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sweet potatoes in cast iron skillet, season with salt pepper and one teaspoon avocado oil. Toss everything together.
- Prep the chicken by removing all giblets (if your chicken had them), remove any excess feathers and then pat the chicken as dry as possible. The drier the chicken is, the crispier the skin will be.
- Generously season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper and then place the lemon inside.
- Drizzle the outside of the chicken with avocado oil and then generously season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on top of the potatoes and pop in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with salad dressing (recipe to follow).
- Whisk all ingredients together in a spouted cup or a mason jar and drizzle over your salad. Enjoy!