Oddly enough, meatloaf is a favorite of mine. It’s simple, can be made ahead, and with a little TLC, can be a super nutritious meal.
After making Mandi’s Meatloaf recipe from TrainerMomma.com, I knew right away I wanted to share it with you guys and I figured what better way to share a recipe than in a video, right?
This is only one of Trainer Momma’s many delicious and nutritious recipes, so when you have a chance be sure to pop over and check them all out. And if don’t feel like cooking and prefer a good hard workout, she’s got you covered there as well… see for yourself!
As for me, I’m officially 30 weeks pregnant (probably about 27 in this video) and feeling really good. I’ve also been busy working on some new design ideas for the site and plan on sharing them soon, so get ready for some changes around here!
In the meantime, sit back, relax, and enjoy some Meatloaf!
Trainer Momma's Meatloaf
- 1 lb lean ground beef preferably grass fed or organic
- 2 slices whole wheat bread diced very small
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- A teaspoon or so of olive oil to coat the loaf pan
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Combine beef, bread, eggs, skim milk, onion powder, garlic powder, sage, parsley, salt, pepper, and zucchini in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry brush to paint a thin layer of oil on your loaf pan to be sure that nothing sticks.Transfer the meat mixture into the loaf pan and pop into the oven for 50 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and dried mustard in a small bowl.
- Once the meatloaf is done, remove from the oven and spoon off any excess grease.Top the meatloaf with the ketchup mixture and place back into the oven for another ten minutes.
- Allow meatloaf to cool a bit before slicing.Enjoy!
- Makes 8 slices.