As many of you already know, I have a bit of a love affair with fries.
I just LOVE french fries.
As you also know, I am also an “everything in moderation” kind-of-girl.
But truth be told, if left to my indulge in fries as I wish, it would end up being a bit too often to honestly call “moderate”.
So baking potatoes and sweet potatoes has become my favorite way to enjoy a home made french fry (or wedge) that I can feel good about eating!
I’ve shared my recipe for Baked Sweet Potato Fries in the past and more recently shared my Garlic and Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries (both faves of mine) SO I thought it was due time to make a video highlighting yet another version of my “favorite ways to eat fries!”.
WARNING: Please do not blame me if you find yourself struggling not to eat all four servings by yourself! More times than not my hubby and I share this recipe making it a serving for two rather than four:).
Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges w/ A Creamy Garlic Yogurt Dip
- 2 Sweet Potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- A pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven to 400
- Combine sweet potatoes, olive oil, spices and salt in a large bowl. Toss until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated in the spice mixture.
- Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and give the potatoes a flip. Pop them back into the oven for another 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown on the outside.
- While the potatoes are cooking combine the garlic, garlic powder, yogurt, vinegar, parsley, and salt in a small bowl. Set it aside until your potatoes are ready to go!
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve with the garlic yogurt dipping sauce. Enjoy!!