Finding different ways to serve Spaghetti Squash is a fun job to have, that is of course, if you call spending a lot of time on something you really love but barely get paid for a job.
Maybe I should rephrase that to hobby? Or past-time?
Actually how about dream job?
Finding different ways to serve spaghetti squash is a fun dream- job to have.
I’m living the dream people and who ever said that the dream including a pay check?
Anyhow, forgive my rant, back to spaghetti squash!
I could honestly eat it everyday of the week.
It’s an-ex pasta lovers dream date.
I already told you guys about all of it’s perks here and here, so I won’t continue to try to sell you on it but if you have jumped on over to the spaghetti squash fan club you definitely want to throw this recipe into your rotation and watch this video.
And if you don’t have collared greens, no problem! You can sub in any dark leaf green you have on hand.
They will all get the job done.
So please give this one a try and do come back and let me know what you think. I always love to hear how you guys change things up or how you adapt a recipe to make it your own, so don’t forget to come back and chat with me down in the comments below.
Spaghetti Squash With Garlicky Collard Greens
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1- bunch collard greens stemmed
- 1- cup low sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups COOKED spaghetti squash I used a 3lb squash
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the collard stems into -inch pieces. Roll the collard leaves and slice into thin ribbons.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saut pan. Add onion, garlic, and collard stems along with a pinch of salt. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until your veggies are fragrant and beginning to become tender.
- Add in collard ribbons, a bit more salt, black pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes along with 1 cup of chicken broth. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until your green are nice and tender.
- Toss in COOKED spaghetti squash and combine everything together. Adjust seasonings and top with fresh Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 hearty servings.