I can tell you a hundred times that seafood is not difficult to make at home.
I can try to convince you that it’s actually one of the quickest weeknight meals you can make and that anyone can do it.
I can also make 100 videos trying to show you how.
But the truth is no matter how quick or simple I tell you it is, whether or not you actually try it for yourself comes down to one thing and one thing ONLY…
Your WILLINGNESS to FAIL.
You need to be open to being the worst ‘seafood-making-cook’ on the block if you’re ever gonna give it a try.
The only way to move through your ‘seafood-cooking-self-doubt’ is to JUST DO IT.
You may find that you hit it out of the ballpark on your first go or you may find yourself throwing it all in the trash and opening up a can of soup (believe me I’ve done both). Either way you will be one step closer to truly learning how to make seafood at home.
In the meantime, watch this video and get inspired.
Then the next time you’re hungry, get in the kitchen and give it a go! I have a feeling you just may surprise yourself! xo
Pan Seared Scallops With Mango Black Bean Salsa
- 1 cup mango peeled and diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red onion minced
- 1/2 cup of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 jalapeno minced
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp. of chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime 2tbsp
- 1.5 lb. of scallops
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mango Black Bean Salsa
- In a medium bowl combine mango, garlic, red onion, black beans, jalapenos, red pepper, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pat scallops with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add scallops (be sure not to crowd the pan), and saute for three to four minutes on each side, depending on the size of your scallops. Youre looking for the scallops to develop a nice brown, crusty exterior.
- Scoop about 1/4 of the salsa in a wide shallow bowl and top with 4-5 scallops. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.