Light and healthy chickpea salad is packed with veggies, easy to make and absolutely delicious. It makes a lovely light lunch or a side dish and is perfect for a bbq or picnic.
This easy, vegan chickpea salad is one of my favorite, go-to salads to make. It comes together in minutes and is super flexible. You can swap out the veggies with whatever you have on hand, so be sure to make it work for you.
Oh! And if you love chickpeas as much as I do, you may want to try my vegan chickpea tuna salad too. But that’s for another day, lol!
Are Chickpeas Good For Weight Loss?
Chickpeas are rich in protein and fiber, which in combination helps to keep us feeling fuller for longer.
So while chickpeas are certainly not a magical weight-loss food, they can make for a very satisfying and satiating meal, which in turn, can support your weight loss goals.
Can You Eat Chickpeas Raw?
If you buy your chickpeas in a can, they will have been cooked already and are not raw, therefore they are safe to eat straight from the can.
Raw chickpeas, however, need to be soaked and cooked before eaten.
Thanks so much for reading! You can watch the video down below and if you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below. And be sure to follow me on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and FaceBook for more healthy food inspiration!
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olives chopped
- 1-15 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine bell pepper, red onion, garlic, olives, and chickpeas in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and basil.
- Gently toss it all together and adjust seasonings. Enjoy!
- Makes 2.5 cups (5 1/2cup servings)
- You can store this salad in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 5-days. The longer it sits, the better it tastes.
- If you don’t have basil, fresh parsley or mint would also be delicious.