Odd as it may be, I adore coleslaw.
I love traditional coleslaw as much as coleslaw with vinaigrette, spices, or pickled.
This particular recipe is my attempt at a coleslaw served at one of my favorite restaurants, Banderas.
It’s crunchy, bright, hearty, light, salty, and extremely nutritious. I mean, it haskale in it! Isn’t that suppose to be like the healthiest food on the planet?
This would be a great side dish of for just about any type of protein.
SO check out the video and let me know your thoughts. Enjoy!
Kale & Peanut Coleslaw
- 6 cups of thinly sliced cabbage I used a bag of pre shredded slaw mix
- 3 cups of kale chopped up
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- The juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- 1 scallion
- Pinch of salt
- Using a food processor, combine ginger, garlic, honey, water, oil, vinegar, cilantro, scallion and a pinch of salt. Continuously pulse the ingredients until everything is well combine and you have your dressing.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, kale, scallions and parsley.
- Pour 2/3-cup of the dressing over the kale and cabbage mixture and combine well. Sprinkle in peanuts. Enjoy!
- Make 6cups.