Hello. Hello. And Happy New Year!!
I am SO excited to be back in the saddle after a thoroughly enjoyed 2-week holiday stay in New Jersey.
I did more than my fair share of indulging over the holidays and am more than ready to lighten things up a bit. This salad is PERFECT for anyone else looking to lighten things up for a while without sacrificing flavor.
Kale is a super food. So not only is this salad nice and light but it also comes packed with nutrients (something my wine and cookie drenched self can really use a lot of right now).
This recipe was inspired by a Kale Caesar Salad that my friend sent me from Everyday Living Magazine. I thought it was brilliant and knew you guys would love it but wanted to lighten the dressing up a bit since we are all rolling (no pun intended) out of the holiday season.
The tofu based caesar dressing is a recipe I found in Clean Eating Magazine (one of my all time favorites). It’s simple, clever and delicious.
Well – I could talk all day about this recipe but I suppose I’ll stop holding you up and let you get to video already!
I hope you enjoy and would love to hear if you give it a try! xo
Kale Caesar Salad
- 1 bunch of kale stemmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 hardboiled eggs chopped up
- 4 oz. firm tofu
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of water
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 anchovies
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine kale, onions, and hardboiled eggs. Set aside.
- Blend all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
- Gently toss salad with of the dressing* and enjoy!
- Makes 2 hearty salads or 4 small salads.
- *Save extra dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.