This tutorial will give you easy to follow instructions and tips for how to roast garlic. As garlic cooks it becomes buttery with a delicious savory-sweet flavor and can be added to a variety of dishes to enhance the taste. Learn how to roast garlic like an expert and start elevating your favorite meals!
I am a garlic LOVER. If you’ve never tried roasted garlic before you are in for a treat. I strongly believe that all one really needs to make a flavorful savory dish is garlic, olive oil, and salt.
Enjoying roasted garlic is an entirely different experience than eating raw or sautéed garlic. Roasted garlic is subtly sweet, so creamy and has an irresistible caramelized buttery taste. Nothing at all like the raw form of garlic, which has a bold and slightly bitter flavor.
Once you see how easy it is to make roasted garlic you are going to become addicted. You’re seriously going to want to add it to so many foods and recipes!
What You Need For Roasting Garlic:
- bulbs of garlic
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- aluminum foil (see notes in recipe card for an alternative method)
How To Roast Garlic:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the top inch of the garlic so that most of the bulbs are exposed.
- Drizzle the bulb of garlic with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the entire bulb in a piece of foil and place it on a rimmed baking sheet or into a shallow baking dish.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes and until garlic is golden brown and softened.
Allow the bulbs to cool slightly and then you can squeeze out the individual cloves and enjoy them spread on toast or mash them to use in a variety of recipes.
Health Benefits Of Garlic:
Roasted garlic adds a lovely, rich depth of flavor to savory foods and dishes. But it can do so much more than act as a flavor enhancer! According to a variety of studies, garlic is a superfood that can help prevent heart disease, cancer, infections, and stroke when eaten on a regular basis (Source: Healthline.com). Definitely worth enjoying garlic for so many reasons!
Ways To Enjoy Roasted Garlic:
Garlic is easy to add to your diet and will give so much flavor to sauces, soups and spreads. I love adding roasted garlic into salad dressing, hummus, and as the star ingredient in these mashed potatoes.
How do you enjoy roasted garlic? Do you have any favorite ways of using it in your kitchen?
Check Out Other Helpful How-To Tutorials:
- How To Make The BEST Oatmeal
- How To Make Cold Brew Iced Tea
- How To Cook Quinoa
- How To Make Almond Milk
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Tag @clean_and_delicious on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy, delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
How-To Roast Garlic
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut off the top inch of the garlic bulb. You want to cut off enough of the top so that most, if not all, of the cloves are exposed.
- Drizzle garlic with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the entire bulb in a piece of foil and pop on a rimmed baking sheet or into a shallow baking dish.
- Place garlic in the oven and roast for about 30-40 minutes or until the garlic is golden brown and nice and creamy.