Turkey Meatballs with Apples and Red Onions
Yield: Makes 16 meatballs
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced green apple
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Pre heat oven to 425 Fº
- Combine everything in a large bowl and mix until all of the ingredients are just incorporated. Roll into meatballs and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Cool and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Nutrients per 4 meatballs: Calories: 153; Total Fat: 2.5g; Saturated Fat: 0.8g; Cholesterol: 98mg; Carbohydrate: 4.3g; Fiber: 0.3g; Sugars: 2.8g; Protein: 27.5g