This garden-fresh tomato, cucumber avocado salad is sprinkled with fresh herbs and finished with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. It’s a delightful salad that screams summer and could not be any easier to make.
Tomato, cucumber avocado salad is one of my go-to salad recipes during the hot Summer months. It’s such a simple recipe and is packed with flavor.
If you have a garden, there is a good chance you have some of these ingredients on hand already. Otherwise, any local market will do the job.
I love serving this salad alongside my cast-iron salmon or my easy grilled chicken. It’s also delicious served on its own or tossed with some hard-boiled eggs or garbanzo beans!
How To Make Tomato Cucumber Salad
The beauty of this salad is its simplicity! It’s so important to buy the freshest, most in-season ingredients you can find.
- Chop your tomatoes and cucumber into bite-sized chunks.
- Peel, seed, and chop two ripe avocados.
- Thinly sliced half of a small red onion.
- Place everything in a large bowl and add fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, parsley, and mint would all be delicious).
- Whisk together lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, stir and enjoy!
Quick, easy, delicious, and nutritious. My kind of salad!
More C&D Summer Salads:
Thanks so much for reading! You can watch the video down below and if you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below. And be sure to follow me on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook for more healthy food inspiration.
Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 3 tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 English cucumber, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into bit-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs, parsley, basil, cilantro, mint, etc.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add chopped veggies to a large bowl. Sprinkle in fresh herbs (you can choose one or a combo dependng on what you love!).
- In a spouted glass cup or mason jar, combine garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk everything together.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, stir well and enjoy!
- You can use any fresh herbs you like for this salad. I love a combination of basil and parsley.
- When choosing your tomatoes, try to find the most beautiful, fragrant, in-season tomato available. This is the tomato that will taste the best.
Lovely simple recipe. Perfect for when you have a glut of English cucumbers grown in your English greenhouse, and are looking for different ways to include cucumber in every meal!