This garden-fresh tomato, cucumber avocado salad is sprinkled with fresh herbs and finished with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. It’s a delightful salad that screams summer and could not be any easier to make.
Tomato, cucumber avocado salad is one of my go-to salad recipes during the hot Summer months. It’s such a simple recipe and is packed with flavor.
If you have a garden, there is a good chance you have some of these ingredients on hand already. Otherwise, any local market will do the job.
How To Make Tomato Cucumber Salad
The beauty of this salad is its simplicity! It’s so important to buy the freshest, most in-season ingredients you can find.
- Chop your tomatoes and cucumber into bite-sized chunks.
- Peel, seed, and chop two ripe avocados.
- Thinly sliced half of a small red onion.
- Place everything in a large bowl and add fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, parsley, and mint would all be delicious).
- Whisk together lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, stir and enjoy!
Quick, easy, delicious, and nutritious. My kind of salad!
More C&D Summer Salads:
Thanks so much for reading! You can watch the video down below and if you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below. And be sure to follow me on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook for more healthy food inspiration.
Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 3 tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 English cucumber, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into bit-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs, parsley, basil, cilantro, mint, etc.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add chopped veggies to a large bowl. Sprinkle in fresh herbs (you can choose one or a combo dependng on what you love!).
- In a spouted glass cup or mason jar, combine garlic, lemon jucie, olive oil, saly and pepper. Whisk everything together.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, stir well and enjoy!
- You can use any fresh herbs you like for this salad. I love a combination of basil and parsley.
- When choosing your tomatoes, try to find the most beautiful, fragrant, in-season tomato available. This is the tomato that will taste the best.