Anybody in need of an amazingly easy, absolutely delicious, visually stunning recipe to make for their Valentine on Sunday?
Well, thanks to Kalyn over at Kalyn’s Kitchen, I’ve got you covered!
This is the kind of recipe that sounds fancy and difficult to prepare but in reality it’s not at all. That’s why I wanted to make this recipe into a video post so I could show you guys just how SIMPLE IT IS.
What can I say, I’m a I-gotta-see-it-to-believe-it-kinda-girl and I’m hoping thatthis video will make you a believer.
I made this recipe FOUR times since I discovered it about a month ago. That’s how good it is! I pretty much stuck to Kalyn’s original recipe except for some minor changes like swapping the eggs for egg whites and whole wheat pastry flour with white whole wheat flour.
I’m telling you, this is the PERFECT recipe for a simple, romantic, stay-at-home, Valentine’s Dinner. You can do the bulk of the work ahead of time so come dinner time you’ll have plenty of free time to light the candles and pour the wine without being a slave to the kitchen.
Finish the evening off with some Chocolate Covered Strawberries and you my friend, will be some very lucky persons Valentine Hero.
OH and if you have been living under a rock and have not been over to Kalyn’s KItchen yet, get going!! Kalyn has an abundant collection of ‘South Beach Diet‘friendly recipes that are great for ANYONE trying to live a healthy lifestyle. I’m constantly perusing her amazing creations.
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!
Sun-Dried Tomato & Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast (preferably thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 6 egg whites
- 2/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. goat cheese log type, such as Chevre
- 6 oz. Sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken breasts. If you did not buy thinly sliced chicken breasts you will need to thin them out first.You can do this by putting the chicken breasts, one at a time, inside a heavy plastic freezer bag and then gently pound with a meat mallet or other heavy object until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a medium bowl combine goat cheese and pesto and then stir in the basil.Spread about 2 tbsp of the pesto/basil/goat cheese mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up chicken, starting with smallest end, tucking in loose pieces and securing with two toothpicks.
- Put flour, egg whites, and breadcrumbs combined with parmesan cheese into three separate flat dishes. Roll each chicken breast, first in flour, then in egg whites, then in bread crumb/parmesan mixture.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray and arrange chicken so pieces they are not touching. Bake at 350 F for about 30-40 minutes, or until chicken temperature as reached 165-170.The chicken will be slightly browned and firm to the touch.