Scroll down to watch the video.
With weather that is 90 degrees (and rising) here in New Jersey, I am entering my ‘assembly-only’meal mode.
This is pretty easy to do as long as you shop for foods that are fresh and seasonal in your area. When you buy food that is in season you can pretty much bet that it will taste great with any other food that grows in the same season (mother nature is rather clever like that!).
In the case of this salad, fresh Jersey corn and tomatoes paired up with some creamy avocado come together to make this quick, simple, delicious, salad that requires no cooking whatsoever.
The corn is 100% raw. I just cut it right off the cob and enjoy. It’s sweet and crunchy which makes it a great base for the salad.
Try serving this salad with some grilled chicken, steak or fish. Or simply enjoy it on it’s own for a light seasonal meal.
Summer Corn and Avocado Salad
- 3 cups of raw corn about 3 cobs of corn
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 cups of chopped avocado
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed limejuice
- Slice corn kernels off the cob and separate them into a large bowl. Add in pepper, onion, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and limejuice. Season with salt and pepper and gently toss until everything is mixed together. Enjoy!