If any of of you guys are looking for a clean and delicious snack for Super Bowl Sunday, these Spicy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs may just be for you! This is yet another recipe from the archives that I just couldn’t resist bringing to your attention because it is the perfect Super Bowl snack whether you are cooking for a couple or cooking for a crowd. It captures all the heart and soul of traditional buffalo wings without the excess calories or saturated fats.
Although this video was suppose to be posted BEFORE the Super Bowl, I figured, “Hey… better late then never, right?”. Besides, you don’t need a football game as an excuse to make these Spicy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (I promise)!
My husband and I LOVED these. We made them three times in one week after shooting the video… they are addictive! If you like wings I guarantee that you will like this recipe:).
And don’t forget to serve them with some home-made, lower-fat, blue cheese dressing.
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken
- 1/2 small onion grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1 tsp of smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup hot sauce I use Wing-Time
- Garnishes: Blue Cheese Dressing
- A couple of handfuls celery sticks
- A couple of handfuls carrot sticks
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, onion, garlic, parsley, paprika and cayenne. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Take about two tablespoons of meat mixture and roll between the palms of your hand to form a meatball about the size of a golf ball.
- Place meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Pop them in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, heat the hot sauce in a large skillet. Toss the baked meatballs in the hot sauce to coat.
- Serve the meatballs with celery and carrot sticks and some blue cheese dressing for dipping!! Enjoy!
- Makes 16 meatballs.