What can I say… I LOVE to eat, so I tend to focus on bulking my meals up with high nutrient, low calorie choices, not only to stay healthy, but because this technique allows me to eat more food.
And as delicious as pasta is, there’s no way to get around the fact that a rather small serving of pasta packs a hefty caloric punch!
Spaghetti Squash has a ‘pasta like’ texture that pairs really well with just about all the same flavors you would traditionally enjoy with your pasta. But instead of being a high-carb, energy-dense choice (like pasta), Spaghetti Squash only has about 40 calories for an entire cup and about 10 grams of carbs.
Without harping on the stats too much, let’s just say that it’s a very satisfying, much lighter choice when your in the mood for pasta. Definitely a great way to balance things out a bit.
I usually can’t resist cooking my squash in the microwave. It’s just to easy and too fast not to PLUS I find that unlike many other veggies, it really doesn’t change the flavor much.
This simple recipe was a hit with our family. Even Katie couldn’t get enough!
What about you guys? What are some of your favorite Clean and Delicious ways to make your Spaghetti Squash? As you know… I’m always fishing for some new inspiration!
Spaghetti Squash With Peas & Parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 cups of cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick pan and add garlic. Saute until the garlic is fragrant (a minute or so) and then add in the peas. Cook the peas for about 3-5 minutes before adding in the squash.
- Stir everything together and cook until the squash and peas have heated through. Top with the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 heaping cup servings.